Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Skip this: Blitz - worst tasting energy - Gum



When I first saw this product, I was intrigued. Blitz Energy Gum - Original Flavor claims to be a high energy gum. My eyes were instantly drawn to the metal packaging; the metal was shining and it stood out from any other gum around the store. It caught my eye. Maybe the shinny metal is designed to hide one major flaw in this product: it's taste.

High energy gums are being slowly introduced to the market. Their goal is to compete against the high energy drinks. I am not sure how many high energy gums are out there, but Blitz Energy Gum is the most advanced product until now. While the rest of the energy gums pack all the caffeine in the hard shell, which only delivers caffeine once (when you first eat the gum) Blitz has caffeine packed directly into the gum. Therefore the product delivers a constant dose of caffeine that lasts longer and is more effective than a one time delivery.

Priced at $2.76 for four servings (8 pieces of gum), this is definitely more expensive than regular gum. However, this is way cheaper than having one energy drink. Also, for about the same price than one energy drink (one serving) Blitz Energy Gum gives you four servings. This is a more economical alternative than a high energy drink.

Blitz Energy Gum has two major downsides. First of all, it cannot be mixed with alcohol! A large section of the "high energy products" consumer uses these products to get them through a night of partying and drinking. This is a big downside... I am not impressed.

The second, and a huge downside to this gum was it's flavor. Blitz Energy Gum - Original Flavor has a horrible taste, it is strong, sour and very very unpleasant. When I first started chewing the gum, the strong taste hit me like a wall. It was disturbing, but I decided to waited out. The strong taste lingered, my patience did not. I ran to the closest garbage can and disposed of the nasty gum. My mouth was numb and the taste stayed in my mouth. It was so strong that I had to have some water and another better tasting gum. Unbelievable.

Next time that you are feeling short on energy, skip this horrible tasting product and go to the energy drink fridge. You will not regret it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Christian,

I totally agree with your comments. That is some YUCKY gum!

email me at logoslovo@yahoo.com

I have an idea for you.

Thanks,
Sarah

Christian Konigs said...

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the message. That is some very yucky gum. I am still in shock...

Thanks for sending me your email, I will contacting you shortly.

Christian

Badger said...

Fortunately Blitz now comes in three more flavours--spearmint, peppermint and cinnamon--and they all taste great. Even the original flavour doesn't taste all that bad. It's a lot like Red Bull, and lots of people seem to think that's OK. All Blitz flavours are pretty strong, though--they have to be to cover the bitterness of the caffeine. I happen to like the strong flavours, but some people might not. Blitz is definitely the best energy gum out there.