Monday, September 3, 2007

Car Ad Evolution, Part I: 1974

Car advertisements have barely changed throughout the years. Technology has played a great role by allowing creative teams to design eye appealing imagery. But besides that, not very much has changed when it comes to car ads. They seem to emphasize safety, technical advantages and well, of course, the pleasure of driving. I decided to come up with a brief advertising timeline for car ads. Lets have a look at a 1974 Hyundai Pony commercial. I do not speak Korean, but I am assuming they are promoting safety in accidents since they are showing a crash test of their "latest" (in 1974) model. They also have a few seconds of the car driving in snow, which is probably promoting safety during winter driving conditions (but this is just my opinion).

No comments: