Friday, September 28, 2007

Is it too late to apologize?



I have to admit that, when I first tried them, I really liked them. I am aware that my taste sometimes fails to appeal to the mainstream. But when I first tried Maynard's Milkies, I actually thought they were O.K. Maynard's Milkies are "milkshake" style gummies with flavors like vanilla, strawberry and banana. The consistency and flavor are pleasant, but they were different. They were a new twist in the old gummy.
So I went about my life thinking how tasty this gummies were, and how I thought they may do really well in life. One day I "accidentally" wondered into a dollar store. I was browsing through the candy aisle when I realized that, between all the dated candy, were my Milkies. The only one product from the Maynard's new line of gummies that had landed in the dollar store. Maybe it was there for consumer product rehab. Maybe it was a sign that this product was sheer crap. But yours truly failed to notice anything more than a good deal. The sad part is that I decided against purchasing a large bag of Maynard's Milkies for $1 because of my health conscious behavior.
The final blow came a few weeks ago, when my insider source at Cadbury arrived at my home. She does not know that she is my insider source yet, but she will be aware of it soon. But that is not the point, what I am trying to say is the following; when she arrived to my place and I told her about my respect for Maynard's Milkies. She looked stunned and said "I have a whole truck filled with that stuff, nobody wants them" I decided to drop the topic immediately (and did not even ask for a free bag of gummies)
The whole point of this story is that you need to have your own well inform opinion. I was ready to give this product a good review, but the general population gave them the boot. There has to be a product development manager, somewhere in an Maynard's Product Development office, sitting behind his desk thinking about this issue. Just like I am doing right now and I am sure we are thinking the same: "Is it too late to apologize?"


No comments: