Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Trident Gone Sour: Trident Splash Citrus with Blackberry



The liquid flavor inside a gum is supposed to extend the gum's flavor. I am not sure if this is entirely true, but thats how the companies are selling these types of gum to the retailers. We have so many type of liquid filled gums, some of them are very good flavors and others, not so much. An example of a flavor gone wrong is Trident Splash Citrus with Blackberry; this gum is nothing special. The first taste is really sour and after that it is pretty much tasteless. I was really not impressed with this one. So Skip this gum and use the $1.50 on something more productive.
On a side note: I spent the day on the beach today. It was a beautiful sunny day and I had a great book with me. After an hour at the beach, I started craving a piece of gum. I opened my backpack and I realized that I only had one type of gum. Guess what type of gum? Yes! It was this lovely Trident Splash Citrus with Blackberry. I hesitated for a moment; I already knew that this was not a fine tasting product. Then I thought "What the hell! It is only gum!" and I took two pieces. After a brief splash of sour, all that was left was the stale taste of fake citrus. I disposed of the gum after 5 minute, but the lovely taste of fake, stale citrus stayed with me for the rest of the sunny day.

No comments: