Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Nocturnal Struggle


I have been offered a position as an unpaid intern at an advertising agency. My main project would be promoting a concert for Unicef. I wonder if I am taking on too much. I am divided between my responsibilities for school and the demands of the new position as an intern. I want to make sure that I do my best at anything I do.
Have you ever been to Marble Slab? These guys have the freshest and most delicious ice cream I have ever had. This franchise of ice cream shops (or creameries ) was founded in 1983 and has enjoyed great success ever since. The first store opened in Houston, then it expanded across the US, Puerto Rico, Canada and the Arab Emirates. They have over 500 stores and they are expanding. Marble Slab is a big success. I have been to Marble Slabs in London (Ontario), Calgary and Vancouver. My last visit was about three weeks ago. During that visit, ordered my favorite flavor (called birthday cake) mixed with fresh strawberries. I was very excited about it. When I received my cup, my excitement was quickly changed to confusion when I realized that the portions had been reduced. I was disappointed. That is exactly what I do not want to be. I do not want to be anyone's half empty ice cream cup. I do not want to disappoint.

No comments: