Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hey Dentyne, leave the chocolate alone!


The time has come for me to review the Dentyne Blast Chocomilk. I have been thinking about this product a lot and I do not know where to start. So lets start by the facts, Dentyne is one of the leading brands of gum in the country; the brand is experiencing some growth and in order to keep the growth going, they are introducing new flavors. Dentyne has a very strong portfolio of flavors like the line of Dentyne Ice Mint flavored gum and the newer Dentyne Tango Mixed Berries. Owned by Cadbury Adams, Dentyne has added a new line of liquid centre pellet gums under the name Dentyne Blast; this line of gums is designed to compete against Trident's Splash gum.
One of the flavors supporting Dentyne's new line of gum is Chocomint. This is a very original and distinct product and might perform well in the future, but only if it manages to find a niche between people who love Mint Chocolate Flavor. The product tastes just like the real deal. The problem is that, if I want to have something that tastes like Mint Chocolate, I would rather have the real and much more pleasurable experience of eating chocolate. I had a couple of people sample the gum, and they all felt it was strange not to eat something that tasted like chocolate and struggled with the idea of just chewing chocolate gum.
My suggestion: If you feel like chocolate, go for the real deal. Skip this gum and Dentyne, leave the mint chocolate alone.

5 comments:

Kim and Steve said...

I must be in your "niche" class, because I absolutely LOVE this gum. I have had to purchase it on ebay, as I can't find it anywhere around my home! I love it! The chocolate flavor doesn't seem to last forever, but the mint does, and I just love the initial combination. I hope that they keep it around! (for us few chocolate mint lovers that is!)

p.rankine said...

I must be fitting perfectly in that "niche" as well. This taste is awesome!!! For those of who have that chocolate crave, this satisfies it perfectly without the calories and the mint is that "cherry" on top.

Patty said...

I love the Gum! great for dieters and curbs the chocolate CRAVINGS!!!!!
MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY LOVES IT!!!!

Wanda said...

Like everyone else, I love this gum. It gives me a nice mint chocolate taste in my mouth without all the calories that would blow my diet. My complaint is that it seems to have disappeared from the shelves. I have been unable to find it for more than a month now, either here in Alberta or when I was on holiday in the USA. Has it been discontinued?

Unknown said...

excellent favor of Chocolate and mint and the flavor lasts