Thursday, August 16, 2007

Handle with care: Doritos Fiery Habanero


Have you ever been to a restaurant that gives you the option of adding a certain number of chili peppers to your meal? They usually have a scale from 0 chili peppers to 10 peppers, or something along those lines. The different levels of spiciness usually come attached with a short, sometimes witty (sometimes stupid) line; it goes like this:

" 0 peppers, because no means no"
" 1 peppers, white men beware"
"2 peppers, too lame to handle"
" 3 peppers, cause three is always better than two"
" 4 peppers, nice and spicy"
" 5 peppers, for those into extreme sports"
" 6 peppers, to impress the latin ladies"
" 7 peppers, feels hot going in and going out"
" 8 peppers, Osama yo mamma"
"9 peppers, for anyone who voted for Bush"
" 10 peppers, you crazy?"

There are several chips out there that claim to be spicy. Some of them are better than others; if I was forced to use my great chili pepper scale (please see above), I would give them a 2, or " Too Lame to Handle".
Doritos Fiery Habanero come packed in a neat bright orange bag. The flames that decorate the bag are a warning of the extremely hot product found inside. The flavor is strong, a little salty and very very HOT. This is definitely the hottest chip I have tried, at least in Canada. Going back to my scale above, I would give them a whole 8 peppers or "Osama yo mamma". Doritos Fiery Habanero are HOT. If you eat jalapenos or enjoy a big chunk of wasabi in your soya sauce, this one is for you.

2 comments:

Lee_D said...

Speaking of chips, I have totally failed to find the Wasabi flavored Lay's in Edmonton.

I tried the curry chips, and they were interesting but I probably wouldn't buy them again.

Great blog you have here!

Christian Konigs said...

Thanks Lee! Let me know if you would like to see any products appear on the blog.