Friday, October 5, 2007

Hope in a bottle, part II


The truth can be complicated. Sometimes lies seemed easier to believe than the actual truth. That is the contrived nature of our own being. Yeah, we are all a little stupid.
I am very excited about my new membership with a group solely dedicated to send people to do internships around the globe. I joined with the purpose of meeting people, learning something new and hopefully by next June or July, fly away to somewhere new. Who knows where I will end up, hopefully somewhere safe and with lots of alcohol. Oh yeah... and with an amazing employer that will provide me with the experience that will take my career to the next level. But I really hope the alcohol is cheap, because these internships do not pay really well. That is the truth and it is easy to believe it.
Lets try this theory again, you are in a super market waiting in line to pay for a cart full of groceries. You look at the shelves in front of you, filled with chocolates and candy that is screaming at you: "Eat me", "Buy me", "Tasty". You surrender to their demands and decide that you must have one. The line is moving and you are running out of time. You narrow your decision to a single serving of Cadbury chocolate or a bag of Mini Eggs. The chocolate costs $1.75 and the Mini Eggs cost $1.00. Which one do you think would give the grocer the most profits, the chocolate or the eggs?
A bag of Mini Eggs is one of the most profitable single serving candies in the market. This is the truth and yet I cannot believe it. Have a great weekend!

No comments: